Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Half Way There!!!


I am so happy to announce that we are halfway through our pregnancy! As much as I love getting chubby and not being able to sleep through the night due to bathroom breaks and achy legs, I am also super excited to have this baby out and feel like there is a better reason for me not sleeping through the night :). We are 20 weeks pregnant and our baby is the size of a cantaloupe. I had my last appointment with my family doctor, Dr. Hendrie yesterday. At my appointment they checked my weight, blood pressure, baby heartbeat and went through all our ultrasound results with me. I have gained 4.5 lbs to date which is on the low side but they said based on the ultrasound the baby is the perfect size and in the perfect position so there is nothing to worry about. Based on all their measurements and math our due date is still set for May 28th, however he did tell me it's completely normal to go 2 weeks early or 2 weeks late...that's a large window if you ask me. We (more so me then Matt but he complied) decided to not find out the gender of our baby so we are still in the dark. If you will remember from an earlier post there is a wives tale about the baby heartbeat, faster means a girl and slower is a boy. Our first appointment the beat was a girl, the second the beat was a boy and this time the beat was on the line...Goober is keeping us guessing. Either way it is a healthy beat and that's all we are concerned with at this point. Dr. Hendrie is now passing my file to Dr. Mayer a local OB here in Guelph. We will have our first appointment with him February 8th and then visit him regularly until he delivers for us at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment