Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ten Months Old



The Girl is ten months old, going on two years old.  As we approach her first birthday I am shocked at how fast this year has gone and how smart our little girl is.  Elle is one determined little girl and when she sets her mind to something she gets very upset when she is told "NO" (I wonder who she gets that from?).  She has even started biting me when she doesn't get her way.  Can you say terrible two?  When I tell her no and pull her hand away from something she tries it one or two more times.  If she doesn't get her way when I pull her hand away she yells at me, sticks my hand near her mouth and bites.  She has never dared to do it with anyone else but that is something we are working really hard to nip in the butt.

She learned to sign "more" at about 8 1/2 months....we were so proud of her and thought she was the smartest baby.  Since then we have taught her "please" and "thank-you".  She does please wrong (rubs her arm instead of her chest) but Matt says it's a baseball signal so we are okay with it.  The important thing is that she is consistent and she always does the same signal so we know she is communicating.  We are going to buy a book and add some more signs.  One of the next suggested ones is "cookie", we don't doubt she will pick that one up very quickly.

We had her at the pediatrician last week to check on her choking again only to find out that the poor girl has acid reflux.  She is gaining weight still (clearly) so there is no huge concern but that is the reason she still spits up and has fairly gurgly burps.   I asked them if there was anything I could change or avoid in her diet to help, but he said unless she is drinking coffee or eating curry there isn't anything we should change.  It is expected that she will grow out of this at about one year.  



AT BIRTH:  7 lbs 6 oz, 19.25 inches
2 MONTHS: 9 lbs 15 oz, 22.5 inches
4 MONTHS: 12 lbs 6 oz, 24 inches
6 MONTHS: 17 lbs 4 oz, 26 inches
9 MONTHS: 18 lbs 12 oz, 27.25 inches
10 MONTHS: 19 lbs 14 oz, 


I am officially on the job hunt to start back after my maternity leave.  It is so sad to even think about going back, but that's reality so I am enjoying every second with her.






Abby turned one April 1!


No comments:

Post a Comment