Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dedicating Elle

Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6 

On Sunday, at Crestwicke Baptist Church Matt and I had Elle dedicated.  This was an exciting day for us for a number of reasons including that it was Matt's first Father's Day.  It was also very special because both sets of grandparents were able to be there in support of us as we publicly declared our desire to raise Elle in a way that is pleasing to the Lord.  The third reason that it was special to us is that our friend Tim, the pastor at Crestwicke, dedicated her and signed her dedication certificate which he said was his first official documentation as an ordained pastor.  As I watch Elle grow I am still amazed by the gift she is to our family.  While not in our perfect timing, God had a plan and we could not be happier with His timing for our family.  Matt and I are so grateful for this blessing and pray that we will be God honouring parents everyday, and an example to our baby girl as she grows.
 Matt and Baby Elle tuckered out from church and lunch!

We had a wonderful Father's Day celebrating Elle and all the Father's in our lives.  Following church we had our family back to our house for lunch and gifts.  We really enjoyed celebrating with our whole family.  We finished the day by watching golf...after all, it was FATHER'S Day!

 Monday, the Davis' went back to Florida.  I must say I miss my personal chef and two full-time Nannies.  It was so great to have them here visiting with us.  I cannot thank them enough for all the help with food and taking care of Elle.  It was so relaxing to visit and know that our baby girl was in good hands.  Below are some precious pictures of the family.  Everyone did a good job of sharing her!  For some reason I don't have one of Elle and Gigi...this is probably the same reason why there are a lot less pictures of me and Elle.  Gigi and I are always the ones taking the pictures! :)




 

No comments:

Post a Comment